This is our weekly update and prompt to see if you have any questions, suggestions or concerns for the Alcester Police South Safer Neighbourhood Team. Thank you to those that have contacted us this week.
Incidents to note this week:
- Anti Social Behaviour. Castle Road, Alcester. ‘Boy Racers’ causing a nuisance in the road – driving fast, causing noise etc. Registration numbers of vehicles involved recorded. Police attended and stopped two vehicles. 8pm Saturday 9th May.
- Vehicle Crime – Theft from. Beauchamp Road, Alcester. Works van broken into and items stolen. Door locked ‘punched’ in order to gain access. Overnight 8th & 9th May.
- Drugs. Hopkins Precinct, Alcester. 2 males and 2 females seen by member of the public smoking cannabis. All aged around 16 years. Enquiries ongoing. 3.15pm Wednesday 6th May.
- Burglary Dwelling. Shelfield Green, Shelfield. Occupier returned home to find that house had been broken into and items taken. Entry and exit through rear patio doors. Occurred between 8.30am and 5.10pm Thursday 7th May.
- Suspicious Circumstances. Millers Bank, Broom. Male seen acting suspiciously on the footpath running behind Millers Bank. Described as a white male, 5′ 8″, late teens wearing a blue hooded top. Police attended scene. No trace of male. No offences disclosed. 9.30am Saturday 9th May.
- Damage. Copenhagen Way, Bidford. Window smashed in works van. Entry not gained due to security plate. Reported at 3.30pm Friday 8th May.
- Theft. Big Meadow, Bidford. Rucksack stolen while it was unattended at the skate park. Between 4pm & 6pm Monday 4th May.
- Suspicious Circumstances. Waterloo Road, Bidford. Male seen in secure compound of business premises. Police attended and stopped two males nearby, but after further investigations no offences were disclosed. 8pm Monday 4th May.
- Suspicious Circumstances. New housing estate rear of Lambourne Close, Bidford. Two males seen on the site, paying attention to mini digger. Police attended and area searched. No trace of males. No offences disclosed. 5.30pm Sunday 3rd May.
- Burglary Dwelling. Chapel Oak, Salford Priors. Occupier returned home to find house broken into and items stolen. Offenders had gained access by smashing two rear windows. Occurred between 12 midday and 6pm Monday 4th May.
- Theft. Evesham Road, Salford Priors. Theft of green wheelie bin. Early hours of Sunday 3rd May.
- Vehicle Crime, Bevington, Salford Priors. Electrical Sub-station Works vehicle broken into and a number of tools and equipment stolen. Offenders cut through a wire fence in order to reach vehicle. Occurred sometime in the week leading to Tuesday 5th May.
- Burglary Other. Birmingham Road, Pathlow. Barn broken into and items stolen. Damage also caused to property. Reported Monday 4th May.
- Burglary Dwelling. Little Drayton, Alcester Road, Stratford (On Alcester’s patch). Occupier returned home to find rear door and window had been smashed and entry gained to house. Various items stolen. Occurred between 3pm and 5pm Monday 4th May.
- Suspicious Circumstances. A46 lay-by, by the Wildmoor. 2 “Asian males” seen trying to flag down passing motorists into the lay-by. Police attended but no trace of males. No offences disclosed. 3pm Sunday 3rd May.
Points to note:
Alcester: During the early hours of Saturday 9th May an incident occurred in a premises off the High Street, Alcester. Police vehicles including the ‘Forensics’ van would have been seen at the location during Saturday daytime. We cannot currently release any further information as enquiries are ongoing.
Burglary in Salford Priors: Please be aware that between 12 noon and 6pm on 4th May, offenders smashed two windows at the rear of a home in Chapel Oak, Salford Priors and then entered the house. Once inside, the offenders carried out a messy search before making off with a laptop computer and many other items.
If you have information that you believe may be connected to this incident, please contact Police on 101, quoting incident number 282 of 4th May.
If you have any questions or information regarding the above incidents, please contact the Team direct, use the 101 Non emergency number or the contact forms on the Warwickshire Police website.
Alcester Office – 01789 444816
Alcester Mobile – 07979 704373
Bidford Mobile – 07823 533488