A bumper update this week! As well as the usual notifications of any incidents in the area, we also have the monthly newsletter and some crime prevention advice as well. As ever, if you have any questions or items to report to the Alcester South team, you can contact them as follows:
Alcester Office – 01789 444816
Alcester Mobile – 07979 704373
Bidford Mobile – 07823 533488
Incidents this week:
- Damage. Birch Abbey, Alcester. Vehicle scratched along the side. Overnight 19th & 20th February.
- Anti Social Behaviour. Hopkins Precinct, Alcester. 5 vehicles reported causing a nuisance in the car park and surrounding area. Details and registration numbers recorded. 8.45pm 18th February.
- Suspicious Circumstances. School Close, Great Alne. White male driving a green Audi acting suspiciously in the road. Flashing headlights and spinning wheels etc. 4.45pm 18th February.
- Theft. Wood Lane, Aston Cantlow. Black metal cauldron stolen from front of house. Between 19th & 21st February.
Bidford on Avon
- Burglary Other. Victoria Road, Bidford. Secure shed broken into and garden equipment stolen, including a chainsaw and strimmer. Overnight 20th & 21st February.
NHW SA Crime Prevention Advice – preventing thefts from motor vehicles
From November, a lot of work has been done in order to prevent theft from vehicles. This work was lead by the force calendar that suggested the beginning of the year was going to be a key time for this kind of offence, and it would seem we should expect one final increase next week. Attached is the advice sheet produced by ‘Safe in Warwickshire’. There are safety packs available at police stations, along with ‘no tools left in this vehicle’ stickers and safety screws to prevent theft of number plates. If you are at a station without these, let me know and I can send supplies. The messages should reach as many people in Warwickshire as possible so please feel free to circulate this by email and on social media.
Finally, we have the monthly newsletter, together with details of a forthcoming public scrutiny meeting.