This is our weekly update and prompt to see if you have any questions, suggestions or concerns for the Alcester Police South Safer Neighbourhood Team. Thank you to those that have contacted us this week.
Incidents to note:
- Damage. MacDonald’s, A46. 2 males set fire to a rubbish bin. Males were in a grey Rover. 12.30am Sunday 17th May.
- Coursing / Poaching. Kingley Corner, A435. Caller saw persons with dogs chasing hares. Caller was able to pass registration number and description of vehicle to police. Enquiries ongoing. 5.15pm Tuesday 12th May.
- Attempt Burglary Dwelling. Greville Road, Alcester. Occupier found garden hoe lying on floor then noticed that a rear ground floor window had been cracked. It is believed that someone attempted to use the hoe to smash the window and enter the house, but the security alarm activated and the offender’s) made off. 5.30pm Sunday 17th May.
- Anti Social Behaviour. The Big Meadow, Bidford. “Fairground” whistles being sounded. Police attended, nothing untoward found. 12.30am Sunday 17th May.
- Anti Social Behaviour. Waterloo Road, Bidford. 2 vehicles driving around causing a nuisance. Registrations of both cars passed to police by the caller. 10.30pm Wednesday 13th May.
- Damage. High Street, Bidford. Rear door and light damaged of car while parked near to Lloyds Bank. Reported at 8.30am Monday 11th May.
- Damage. High Street, Bidford. Window of car smashed while parked near to the War Memorial. Reported at 4am Monday 11th May.
- Burglary Other. Church Road, Wilmcote. Rear garden Shed entered and garden equipment and artists materials stolen. Occurred over the last few weeks. Found and reported on Tuesday 12th May.
- Anti Social behaviour. Birmingham Road, Pathlow. Group of 6 or 7 youths seen standing in field ‘firing’ objects from catapults towards the main road. Police attended and no persons found. No offences disclosed. 7.30pm Monday 11th May.
Points to note:
Bidford: We believe the two cases of vehicle damage in the High Street are connected and happened at the same time, which was the early hours of Monday 11th May. There is no description of offenders at this time.
If you have any questions or further information regarding the above, or in fact any crime occurring on our area, please contact the Team direct or us the 101 Non-Emergency number. Contact can also be made with Warwickshire Police through their website.
Alcester Office – 01789 444816
Alcester Mobile – 07979 704373
Bidford Mobile – 07823 533488