This is our weekly update and prompt to see if you have any questions, suggestions or concerns for the Alcester Police South Safer Neighbourhood Team. Please scroll down to the bottom of this post to download the March newsletter.
Incidents to note:
- Burglary Other. Romna Indian Restaurant. Moorfields, Alcester. Paving slab thrown through front window of premises and access gained by offenders. Items stolen from restaurant. White vehicle seen to park by premises and offence committed by two people. Reported by member of the public at 7.50am, 14th March.
- Burglary Other. Balti Cellar, off High Street, Alcester. Window forced open and access gained by offenders. Items stolen from the restaurant. Overnight 12th & 13th March.
- Theft. A46 Alcester Bypass. Theft of fuel from tank of lorry parked up in lay-by. Nothing heard by driver who was asleep in the cab. Overnight 12th & 13th March.
- Suspicious Circumstances. Meadow Road, Alcester. Chalk markings found on wall. Occupant concerned that this may have been done by criminals targeting the house. 6.45pm 12th March.
- Suspicious Circumstances. Meadow Road, Alcester. Chalk marking found on wall. Occupant concerned that this may have been done by criminals targeting the house. 8pm 10th March.
- Suspicious Circumstances. Newport Drive, Alcester. Door to Door seller seen going to certain houses in the road. Person found and checked by Police. 11.30am 10th March.
- Theft. Conway Fields, Alcester. 14 year old was riding his cycle when approached by another youth who asked to have a go. This other youth subsequently took the bike and put it in the boot of a small hatchback parked nearby. The car then drove off. Further enquiries be made to trace offender. 7.15pm 9th March.
- Fraud / Theft. Tesco Express, Alcester. 2 Asian males involved. 1st described as large build, 5′ 6″, clean shaven, 30’s, wearing a black coat with a white fur trim. 2nd described as slim build, 5′ 8, mid 20’s, wearing a dark brown coat with white fur trim. It is also reported that at the same time two “Romanian” females were also in the shop acting suspiciously, possibly intent in stealing items. 4pm 8th March.
- Vehicle Crime – Theft of. Secure Vauxhall Corsa taken from the Waitrose Car Park area. Vehicle registration ends in XKO. Between 12 midday and 2pm 7th March.
- Vehicle Crime – Theft From. School Road, Alcester. Works van broken into and tools stolen. Window smashed and access gained. Overnight 8th & 9th March.
- Theft. Tesco Express, Alcester. Theft of items by way of shoplifting. Offender described as a white male, late 20’s, 6′, wearing tracksuit bottoms and a puffa jacket. Offender left the store with out paying and drove off in a grey Audi. 3.30pm 8th March.
- Suspicious Circumstances. Dunnington village. Male and female drove onto property and asked if there was any scrap. No offences reported. 2pm 9th March.
- Damage. Health Centre, High Street, Bidford. Glass window smashed. Found by Police at 2.35am. 14th March.
- Damage. Meadow Lane Bakery. High Street, Bidford. Window of premises smashed. 1.55am 14th March.
- Anti Social Behaviour. The Leys, Bidford. Group of youths causing a nuisance. One youth riding a Moped. 4pm 12th March.
- Theft. High Street, Bidford. Charity box stolen from shop premises. Between 9th & 10th March.
- Vehicle Crime – Theft From. Tower Close, Bidford. Works van broken into and tools stolen. Door jemmied open. Overnight 10th & 11th March.
- Vehicle Crime – Damage. Tower Close, Bidford. Attempt made to break into van. Access not gained. Overnight 10th & 11th March.
- Anti Social Behaviour. Spiers Court, Bidford. Group of youths causing a nuisance. One youth carrying a ‘for sale’ sign. 10.30pm 10th March.
- Vehicle Crime – Theft From. Hill View, Abbotts Salford. Works van broken into and tools stolen. Rear door lock cut around and the opening mechanism tampered with. Overnight 13th & 14th March.
- *Theft. Dorsington village. Theft of infrared Trail Camera. Between the 27th February and 6th March.
Damage in Bidford. 14th March: Due to a member of the public calling in at the time of the offences with a description of the male involved, Police attended and arrested the person responsible. Enquiries ongoing.
Chalk Markings in Alcester: The issue of chalk markings being made by criminals has been a ‘hot’ topic around the area especially on Facebook and other Social Media. At present there seems to be no link between these markings and any actual offences being committed. We are aware that door to door sales people, leaflet deliverers and charity collectors have in the past marked houses with chalk so they know where to go back to or where to restart their round. We have looked at a number of reports around the country of similar happenings, but none seem to have any substantial evidence to suggest wrong doings. BUT, we will continue to take reports of these markings seriously and we ask that if you do find any, to photograph them and to send them to us for collation. We also advise that if you discover similar markings and are concerned that you report it in the normal way on 101.
If you have any questions or information regarding the above, please contact the team direct or use the 101 non emergency number.
Alcester Office – 01789 444816
Alcester Mobile – 07979 704373
Bidford Mobile – 07823 533488