In what will be the first of (hopefully) many, here is our first newsletter and weekly update provided to us by Alcester Police South. You will find a download link to the newsletter below, plus the weekly update itself pasted underneath. We’ll be adding any and all information provided to us on a regular basis, so please check back to the site for updates. If you are aware of any crime or suspicious activity in and around the village that is not included in either the newsletter or the weekly update, please let me know and I will get it added. You can reach me at email@example.com, or alternatively you can email our Neighbourhood Watch Coordinator, Denise Walter on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any concerns that you would like to contact Alcester Police about, you can email them here: email@example.com.
CLICK THIS LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE NEWSLETTER: Alcester SOUTH SNT Newsletter October 2014 PDF
The following weekly update was sent on Sunday 12th October.
Incidents to note:-
- Suspicious Circumstances. Bleachfield Street, Alcester. Male disturbed leaving private land. Male ran off to parked car near to the Newport Drive junction and drove off. No offences disclosed at present. 2am 12th October.
- Theft Other. Alcocks Road, Alcester. Radiator taken from outside front of house during renovations. Info suggests it was taken by ‘Scrap Man’. 2.15pm 11th October.
- Burglary Dwelling. Victoria Road, Bidford. House broken into via the rear windows being smashed. Reported 11th October.
- Anti Social Behaviour. St Marys Road, Alcester. Following a private party at a house in St Marys Road, ‘drunk’ youths leaving the party seen to urinate in the street, smash bottles and generally be a nuisance. 10.45pm 10th October.
- Drugs. Basket Ball area, Jubilee Centre, St Faiths Road, Alcester. The smell of cannabis being smoked drifting across school premises. School children brought into school because of the smell. 4 youths seen in area. Ongoing issue. 1.30pm 10th October.
- Burglary Other. Alcester Heath, Alcester. Offenders attacked business premised by making a hole in the roof and then stealing copper pipes. Between 8th & 10th October.
- Drugs. McDonalds Drive Thru, Alcester. 3 Alcester Males in silver Corsa stopped and searched by Police. Two occupants dealt with for possession of cannabis. 3am 10th October.
- Suspicious Circumstances. Oversley Mill Service Station. Car seen with blue strobe lights stopped by police. Lights seized by police and the driver dealt with. 2.30am 10th October.
- Fire / Suspicious Circumstances. Captains Hill, Alcester. Bus turning circle. Motorcycle found completely burnt out. 10.30pm 8th October.
- Anti Social Behaviour. High Street, Bidford. Group of youths banging on shutters and generally being a nuisance. 8.30pm 8th October.
- Attempt Distraction Burglary. Headland Road, Welford. 2 men entered house using the story that they were undercover police officers from Bromsgrove and they had a person in custody. They added that they needed to search the house for cash. One offender described as a white male, aged about 35 years, 6′, distinctive blue eyes, wearing a grey long sleeve shirt, jeans and a flat cap. 12 midday 8th October. Incident Number 0131 08/10/2014
- Suspicious Circumstances. Henley Road, Great Alne. A vehicle and males entered the building site and tampered with CCTV cameras. Details captured by Security Officers. Enquiries ongoing.
- Burglary Other. School Road, Salford Priors. Farm building broken into. Padlocks stolen. Between 6th & 7th October.
- Suspicious Circumstances. Dunnington. 2 males, wearing hoodies seen acting suspiciously. Information suggests they may have been part of a group illegally ‘coursing’ on land in the area. Midnight 7th October.
- Anti Social Behaviour – Vehicle. Hopkins Precinct, Alcester. A VW Lupo seen to be driving at speed. Noisy exhaust. 10.30pm 6th October.